A wet and windy Holmers Farm played host to this top of the table clash Sunday morning as the only two unbeaten sides in the Premier League came head to head. Barn Club had won 4 and drawn 3 of their 7 games whileTown boasted a 100% record from their 9 games and held a 12 point lead over Barn Club going into the game.

Town started brightly and spurned several chances before they took the lead on the quarter hour, good work from Webb on the right he laid the ball forward to Nicol who outmuscled the Barn Club left back before laying across a centre which Adam Paget powered home. Chances came and went before Nugent made it two ten minutes later, beating Barn Club's offside trap to waltz around the keeper, dummy the onrushing defender before smashing the ball home. Nugent then quickly made it three when he was first to respond after a deflected looping Mason shot could only be scooped out by Buller in the Barn Club goal.

Barn Club were shellshocked and Town were picking them off at will and they made it 4 on the stroke of half time as Billy Mason followed up to slot home after Paget had seen his effort saved by Buller.

After spurning a three goal lead last week Town were anxious to avoid a repeat and started the second half explosively, Paget and Barnes combined down the right to lay in Nicol whose flick teed up Nugent who was hacked to the ground for a penalty, Nugent picked himself and
confidentally stroked the ball home to complete his hat trick and then hobbled off to be replaced by Delroy Howell.

The tempo dropped a bit but it was Howell himself who grabbed a sixth when Buller spilled an Ayres shot in slippery conditions, Howell steadied himself before tapping home.

Vinny Cuva came on for the last twenty minutes and helped himself to a quick double to complete the rout. The final score was 8-0 and if truth be told it could have been a lot more, Town hadn't been playing very well over the last few weeks but came good when it really matted in testing conditions against the team that were 2nd and really up for the
game we put in our best performance of the season so far.

Jes keeps another clean sheet

1-7 Beacons Bottom FC

Reserves met a good team in Beacons Bottom who are Premier bound,
although the 7-1 scoreline did not reflect the closeness on the pitch, our goal scorer was Wayne Norris.

WYCOMBE TOWN FC 'A' 2-2 Longwick FC

In a tight game Wycombe Town 'A' got a deserved draw with Longwick FC
. Captain Kev Herbert got a 40 yard bullet free kick and Simon Allen sneaked in a close range shot.
Steve MacDermott was outstanding in the
Town goal.

Kev Bags Another Free Kick

No comments: